Gamescom 2018 – SwissGames delegation announced
Where to find us
SwissGames at Gamescom:
21-23 August 2018
Business Area, Hall 4.1, Gang C Nr: 010 / Gang D Nr: 019
Events at the SwissGames booth
Tuesday 21 August 2018, 11am-1pm, SWISSGAMES Breakfast
Enjoy a coffee and meet the developers forming the SWISSGAMES delegation
Wednesday 22 August 2018, 4pm, SWISSGAMES Happy Hour
Get a beer, play great games and grab some Swiss chocolate!
SWISSGAMES delegation in the press
Le Matin – Video portrait Sunnyside Games (in French)
For the fifth time in a row, The SwissGames booth will be located within the Business Area, a key meeting point for the game industry, where 23 games and technologies will represent Switzerland, among which 5 new talents recently graduated from Swiss Universities.
In addition to the SwissGames booth presence, 6 Swiss games have been selected for the Indie Arena Booth among 80 games from 28 countries:
- Blindflug Studios with «Airheart – Tales of broken Wings»
- Ink Kit Studio «DERU – The Art of Cooperation»
- Falkenbrew with «Devader»
- Okomotive with «FAR: Lone Sails»
- Cinnoman Game with «Modsork»
- Team Maniax «Retimed»
The Swiss game cluster is still young but growing steadily, in both French and speaking parts of the country: currently, around 120 companies are working part-time or full-time on games, VR or AR projects. Among them and part of this year’s SwissGames delegation, Okomotive’s «FAR: Lone Sails» has just been announced as part of the 2018 «Into the Pixel» collection, one of the most prestigious recognitions in the industry, delivered by the American Entertainment Software Association (ESA). Since its launch last May, «FAR: Lone Sails» has been crowned in glory by the media and game reviewers, qualifying it as «the best indie game of 2018 thus far. 5/5 – Masterpiece» (Windows Central) or as «a poem disguised as a video game» (Polygon).
Another member of the delegation, Struckd, recently reached 1 million downloads of their online platform, which allows people from all over the world come together to create, share and play games. Founded in 2016 and based in Zürich, Struckd is one of the fastest growing Swiss gaming companies.
By collaborating with the major technology companies, Lausanne-based OZWE Games is shaping some of the latest developments of VR gaming technologies. Their game «Anshar Wars 2» was the first cross-game and cross-buy available for both Samsung Gear VR and Oculus Rift, and their newest release «Anshar Online», was selected by Oculus as launch game for their new device.
The SwissGames delegation present at Gamescom 2018 reflects the diversity of talents of this developing industry: Originality of games, innovative capacity and skills of its game developers.
Full SwissGames delegation:
• 5 am Games «Letters»
• Blindflug Studios «Airheart – Tales of broken Wings»
• Cinnoman Games «Modsork»
• Digital Kingdom «Invisiballs»
• Dissatisfied With Badgers «Northbound»
• EverdreamSoft «Bitcrystals»
• Simone Guggiari / Nicolas Huart / Andreas Emch / Alexander Lelidis / Xingse Tian «That Failed Bank Robbery»
• Ink Kit «DERU»
• LuLuLu Entertainment «Bämeräng»
• Melodie Mousset «Hana Hana»
• Nifty Productions «Moment»
• Okomotive «FAR: Lone Sails»
• Pinata Punch «Colourful Darkness»
• Solarski Studio «Johnny Badhair»
• Sphery Ltd «Exercube»
• Stardust «AVA – An Interactive Fairytale»
• Stray Fawn Studio «Nimbatus – The Space Drone Constructor»
• Struckd AG
• Sunnyside Games «Inlight»
• Thomas Wolf / Lukas Rahmann «Derailed»
• Wuthrer «Don’t Kill Her»
• Zarkonnen «Airships: Conquer the skies»