Collide Pro Helvetia – webpage
Deadline for applications: extended until 17 December 2018
Results in February 2019
Collide Pro Helvetia is an unique opportunity for a Swiss artist to be able to carry on a 3-months artistic research at the very heart of the CERN – the European Centre for Nuclear Research in Geneva.
Direct exchanges between the artist in residency and the CERN scientists, engineers and staff aims to nurture artistic exploration and to help develop new ambitious projects.
This Call is open to artists with Swiss nationality or living in Switzerland, with no age restrictions. As main criterias, the applicants shall be:
- interested in the cultural significance of science as expressed by CERN
- working with digital and interactive media, science and concepts as inspiration for their work
- engaging with an innovative discourse on contemporary culture, following ambitious standards of creativity
- pushing the traditional forms of collaboration between the artistic and scientific fields, and asking innovative and provocative questions in this respect
- proposing a innovative yet feasible project