NIFFFONTOUR@CERN: a look back at the second edition
Neuchâtel International Film Festival
The Swiss event for fantastic film, Asian cinema and digital creation
5-13 July 2019
On 23 and 24 November 2018, the Neuchâtel International Fantastic Film Festival (NIFFF) and the Cineglobe Film Festival at CERN – in collaboration with the Pro Helvetia Swiss Arts Council – held an exceptional workshop, FUTURE STORYWORLDS, which aimed at strengthening the stories from 6 Swiss immersive works of art narratively, technologically, and scientifically (see previous news on SwissGames here), consisting in a 2-day program of conferences and coaching. Participants wereinvited to imagine utopian futuristic narratives that tackle one or more of the 17 sustainable development goals put forward by the United Nations to transform the world by 2030.
The 6 participating projects were:
- «ANOTHER SHORE» Théo Fischer & Pablo Perez, MSLS, Karlskrona & Alumni ECAL, Lausanne
- «GALILEO VR» Corinne Soland, Digitalbühne Zürich, Zurich
- «HARNESSING CONSCIOUSNESS 2032» Virgile Thévoz, Thévoz — Choquet, Alumni ECAL, Lutry
- «MELIOR FUTURI» Fritz Muri, FMquadrat, Horgen
- «BLUE D.» Salômé Guillemin-Poeuf, UN Migration, Alumni HEAD, Genève
- «TRÄUMER 4.0» Peter Philippe Weiss, Corporate Sound AG, Basel
The project «ANOTHER SHORE» by Théo Fischer & Pablo Perez was distinguished by a development grant of CHF 3,000. Salômé Guillemin-Poeuf was also encouraged for her project «BLUE D.» by the workshop partner Storytek_, an Estonian accelerator and creative innovation pole, who offered her to stay on site during the first quarter of 2019.