Cinéforom, in partnership with SRG SSR, opens up a new Innovation Support with a call for projects. The foundation is looking for new media projects (Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, etc.) from authors out of the French-speaking part of Switzerland (Romandie). The Innovation Support is open to any audiovisual work whose flow can be modified by the spectator, through her/his control of the point of view or another form of interactivity *.
On offer, yearly:
- 4 x CHF 25 000.- grants for writing and development
- 2x CHF 175 000.- grants for production (100 000.- from Cinéforom and 75 000.- from SRG SSR)
The application deadline is set to Tuesday 17 September 2019.
The jury is composed of Myriam Achard, Antoine Cayrol, Anaïs Emery, Michel Reilhac et Sophie Sallin. They will deliberate in early November 2019, and the selected projects will be announced during the GIFF (Geneva International Film Festival).
The entries will be examined on:
- The artistic proposition and the originality of its creative device
- The innovative use of digital tools
- The financial feasibility
- The production calendar – projects planning to be finished within two years will be favoured
All the details are available on Cinéforom’s website
* The flow must not be conditioned in major part on the success of motor or logical challenges, or on a form of gamification (addition of reward mechanisms such as points, virtual gifts, etc.)