Game Developers Conference (GDC), San Francisco
16-20 March 2020
The list of the 12 Swiss studios that will fly to San Francisco in March 2020 is now official. For the 10th time in a row, the Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia is organizing a presence of independent Swiss studios at the world’s largest event dedicated to video games.
San Francisco’s Game Developers Conference (GDC) attracts over 26,000 attendees, and is the primary forum where programmers, artists, producers, game designers, business decision-makers gather to exchange ideas and shape the future of the industry.
The delegation will represent the diversity of the Swiss creation in game design in a brand new booth with a mix of newcomers and already established studios.
Among the latter, Blindflug Studios will present «Stellar Commanders», a game that has been recently picked up for the Apple Arcade lineup. Also selected for Apple Arcade with «Towaga: Among Shadows», Sunnyside games will present their new game, «Velvet».
Among the newcomers, «Deep Space Gardening» is sure to make planting for aliens highly addictive (and fun) while Space Indie Studios’ first game «SOL 75» takes the gamer on a psychedelic trip, with its cartoon-style atmosphere and colorful characters.
Stay tuned for more news about the GDC 2020 SwissGames delegation.
SwissGames delegation to GDC 2020:
- Ghofran Akil – «UNRESOLVED – a mobile text-based interactive narrative»
- Black Spoon Games – «Kukulcan»
- Asteroid Lab – «Terraformers»
- Space Indie Studios – «SOL 705»
- SO REAL Digital Twins AG
- Fiberjungle GmbH – «Fiberjungle – Handtracking Game»
- Team DSG – Deep Space Gardening
- Blindflug Studios – «Stellar Commanders»
- Stray Fawn Studio – «Nimbatus»/« Niche – Breed & Evolve» Mobile / «Nyoma» – The Walking Village
- Shy Robot Games – «Colorful Darkness»
- Sunnyside Games – «Velvet»
- BISBOG SA – «Comic Chat»