SwissGames Showcase 2020: Mentors announced
SwissGames Showcase 2020 is a new mentorship programme to help studios access business opportunities in these challenging times of Covid-19.
A panel of international experts will pick the studios that they think have the best potential, coach them online and introduce them to their networks.
The mentors have just been announced:
- Callum Underwood (Kowloon Nights, Oculus) – Callum is a very well connected industry scout, having established himself with Raw Fury and now with his own company Robot Teddy, Callum scouts variously for Kowloon Nights and others.
- Ella Romanos (Fundamentally Games) – Award-winning games industry executive, with over 12 years experience running and managing teams and projects. With Fundamentally Games Ltd, Ella helps developers and organisations transform their games into services, working from concept to live ops.
- Jamil Moledina (Google Play, EA, GDC) – Jamil is a Games Management Consultant based in San Francisco, with leadership experience at Google Play, Electronic Arts, startup game developers, and the Game Developers Conference. He leads XP Consulting, an integrated creative, operational, and business management consultancy for games.
- Robin Hunicke (Funomena) – Robin is CEO and Co-Founder of the independent game studio Funomena, which makes experimental games. She is also a professor at UC Santa Cruz (Games & Playable Media).
- Jason Della Rocca (Execution Labs) – Jason is a game industry entrepreneur, funding advisor, and cluster expert. He specializes in business/partnership development, pitching/funding, and ecosystem/cluster development. As the co-founder of Execution Labs, he was a hands-on early stage investor.
Swiss independent studios can apply until Monday 25 May through video pitches. Instructions and contact to be found here