This year’s interactive media call for projects has shown a strong selection of projects and genres from every part of Switzerland.
The jury was held online and was composed of the following experts: Lauren Causon (Game developer and XR artist), Anouk Summermatter (IP lawyer), Erinrose Sullivan (Freelance marketing consultant), Kelly Vero (Game developer, producer, author and lecturer) and Marc Bodmer (Cyberculture journalist and critic). Marie Blondiaux (Interactive producer) provided additional expertise.
The 12 selected projects illustrate that the Swiss interactive scene is coming into a more mature focus. They were pleased to see a high number of projects of distinctive character, which showcased expertise in development and innovation. The jury commented that studios must continue to build a deeper understanding of the video gaming market.
- Looping – «Airport Radar»
- Inlusio Interactive – «Henry – Guardian of Nature»
- Naraven Games – «Backfirewall»
- Tag Team Studios – «Ragdoll’s Forest»
- Sharped Stone Studios – «Hermit – an underwater tale»
- Silvain Monney, Robin Cherix, Michel Gabriel, Valentine Moser – «Dark Dream»
- LuLuLu Entertainment – «Henry»
- Mélodie Mousset – «Sing a jellyfish (an entire world lives inside your voice)»
- DNA Studios – «RatRace»
- 5AM Games – «Letters – a written adventure»
- Lilou Studio GmbH – «Fishery»
- Stardust GmbH – «AVA – Tarot Card Game»
Special mentions were given by the jury to two pre-production projects which are both aimed at release on PC and Nintendo Switch:
«Henry» is a single player platform adventure by LuLuLu Entertainment. The jury was struck by the game’s unique art style, colour palette and character design. The game prototype also has a fresh mechanic and some excellent sound atmospheres.
«Dark Dream» is an atmospheric puzzle-platformer by Silvain Monney. With its beautiful, simple and original artwork, and a clever and fun game mechanic, «Dark Dream» could easily be played by people who don’t consider themselves gamers, but rather fans of illustration or word and number puzzles. The jury found that the multiplayer aspect of this game provides interesting commercial opportunities.