SwissGames Showcase 2022: meet the mentors
The SwissGames Showcase mentorship programme is an annual mentorship programme that offers Swiss independent studios a tailor-made opportunity to be individually coached and connected with the industry.
A panel of international experts will pick the studios that they think have the best potential, individually coach them online and make targeted introductions with potential business partners.
The mentors have just been announced:
- Rufus Kubica – Forever tied to the more creative side of doing things, Rufus started his adventure at 11 bit studios as Community Manager (Marketing), then switched to a more high-level PR role as a Senior Communication Manager, to finally become a Senior Product Manager in the External Development Team. His main expertise (and passion) are emotional, meaningful indie/AA+ games – he loves playing them but also wants to incorporate those impactful titles into the 11 bit studios publishing portfolio.
“Our mission as a developer and a publisher – and it is my personal quest as well – is to make sure that gaming experiences are truly worthwhile. And the best way to do so – is to support game developers, their ideas and dedication, and initiatives that help them sprout. SwissGames Showcase is this sort of initiative – it is all about growing and learning – to become better at creating games and to hopefully give birth to some memorable masterpieces. If my humble skillset will allow amplifying those goals – I’m all for it!”
- Lélia Peuchamiel – Lélia is a Game Production/Publishing consultant and indie games specialist. Among others, she has worked for publishers like Team17 and Good Shepherd to scout new talent, develop their labels, and deliver their flagship titles.
“Today, releasing a brilliant game isn’t enough to make it: it is also vital to understand the business side of the industry, and know how to approach the right partners to support your production’s commercial success. Pro Helvetia does just that, by providing developers with mentors from the industry, relevant lectures, and the right contacts to give their game a real chance. It also presents a unique opportunity to attend events and network with publishers and investors – with proven results. I’m excited to join them as a mentor this year again, and meet the next generation of game makers!”
- Astrid Refstrup – CEO of Triple Topping games, a feministic games studio, focusing on narrative games. Astrid was the co-writer and director on Welcome to Elk released on 2019. She is also an advisor to the game fund Kowloon Nights.
“One of my biggest challenges when starting out in this industry was access to knowledge, advice and the right people. The SwissGames Showcase provides exactly that.”
- Ella Romanos – Award-winning games industry executive, with over 12 years experience running and managing teams and projects. With Fundamentally Games Ltd, Ella helps developers and organisations transform their games into services, working from concept to live ops.
“The SwissGames Showcase has a great process to provide funding to early stage game developers, by providing the support they need and engaging with industry leaders to do so.”
- Jason Della Rocca – Game industry entrepreneur, funding advisor, and cluster expert. He specializes in business/partnership development, pitching/funding, and ecosystem/cluster development. As the co-founder of Executions Labs, he was a hands-on early stage investor to over 20 independent game studios from North America and Europe.
“The SwissGames Showcase is the real deal! Direct hands-on support for things developers wrestle with the most, and tangible results. I’m honored to participate and continue to work with the Swiss games community (and earn my annual chocolate stipend). It is amazing to see the studios and projects grow and evolve from year to year.”