7 November 2022
Apply and take part in the SwissGames delegation to San Francisco in March 2023.
The next international SwissGames delegation will bring the best Swiss game studios to GDC; the biggest event in the world dedicated to interactive entertainment and the leading industry trade fair for promotion, networking and matchmaking.
In order to gather an outstanding delegation, Pro Helvetia is launching a call for participation to all Swiss companies and indies eager to present their project to the international stage and reach out to international markets. The collaboration with Swissnex San Francisco guarantees to bring a lot of action to the delegation 2023, implementing the program with a range of events and support (Pitch Session, European Game Showcase, etc).
14 studios will be selected and will benefit from the following services:
- A dedicated exhibition space within the SwissGames area @ GDC Play
- Full access to the matchmaking platform
- 2 professional passes (presence of 2 people/studio is expected)
- Exhibition design and material, prints and presentation device
- Promotional coverage before and during the event.
- Kick-Off Event (Online, 18.01.)
- Coaching, workshops & networking events (Online, 14.-16.02.)
- Kick-Off & Pitch Session (San Francisco, 18. & 19.03. tbd)
- Financial support for accommodation & travel expenses (1000chf/studio)
Please note: You can also apply for the package without having your own exhibition booth! (Presence of 1 person/studio is expected)
To take part in this delegation, fill in this form before November 7th.
The application dossier should include:
- A short description of your game(s) outlining the platform, type, genre, gameplay, targeted audience and current development stage (prototype required)
- Visual material (playable demo, walkthrough, screenshots, link to a trailer, etc.)
- Your expectations and goals for participating in the fair
- A press kit (if available)
- Your contact details and any relevant links (website, etc.)
- This call is aimed at interactive content designed for computers, mobile phones, tablets, game consoles, virtual reality headsets or similar devices, and any other type of digital content requiring a high degree of interaction from the user.
- The project possesses formal and design quality, a high degree of innovation and potential marketability.
- Project execution must meet professional standards.
- The principal project owner must be of Swiss nationality or resident in Switzerland.
- The applicant owns copyright and rights of use of the project.
- Applicants may submit projects up to seven years after their graduation or within the first seven years of establishing a company (latest year of establishment: 2016).
Please note that by participating in this call, you are fully aware of possible travel restrictions and requirements under local legislation, rules from the organiser in regard to COVID-19 vaccination as well as the personal responsibility it implies for you.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Oliver Miescher.