30 November 2020
Initiated in 2020 by Pro Helvetia to address event cancellations due to the pandemic, the SwissGames Showcase mentorship programme is renewed in 2021 and offers Swiss independent studios a tailor made opportunity to be mentored and connected with the industry.
Interested studios are invited to apply with a video pitch: an international jury will evaluate the applications and make the selection of the SwissGames Showcase. Each member of the jury will handpick 1 to 3 studios, coach them during individual meetings and make targeted introductions with potential business partners.
Up to 15 studios will join the SwissGames Showcase and benefit from the following services:
- Online pre-lectures providing the studios with basic business knowledge before they start with the coaching phase
- Online coaching phase with a dedicated mentor focusing on the studios’ individual challenges
- Focus on the playable demo, a key element to all business meetings: studios will work on improving their playable demo, with the help of their mentors’ feedback together with an additional financial support
- Curated matchmaking provided by partner MeetToMatch and targeted introductions by the mentors
- Promotional coverage of the SwissGames Showcase
- The SwissGames showcase is aimed at interactive content designed for computers, mobile phones, tablets, game consoles, virtual reality headsets or similar devices, and any other type of digital content requiring a high degree of interaction from the user.
- The projects possesses formal and design quality, a high degree of innovation and potential marketability.
- Project execution must meet professional standards.
- The principal project owner must be of Swiss nationality or resident in Switzerland.
- The applicant owns copyright and rights of use of the project.
- Applicants may submit projects up to seven years after their graduation or within the first seven years of establishing a company (latest date of establishment: 1 January 2014).
How to apply:
- Fill in this online form
- One of the answers of the form will allow you to insert the link to your video pitch. Your pitch should be a maximum of 3′, in English and include:
- Description of the project (including gameplay overview and USPs)
- Current status of the project (stage of production, anticipated release timing)
- Business strategy (including info on target audience, how you plan to reach them, market research/competition, etc)
- What are you looking for (including funding amount needed, services and support functions desired)
During the application phase, we offer the studios an opportunity to maximise their chance by watching the following « Pitch Perfect Pitching » lecture, given by mentor Jason Della Rocca and recorded on 10 November:
Deadline for applications: 30 November 2020
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Gabriela Mighali
We are looking forward to receiving your application!