4 December 2022
Initiated in 2020 by Pro Helvetia to address event cancellations due to the pandemic, the SwissGames Showcase is an annual mentorship programme that offers Swiss independent studios a tailor-made opportunity to be individually coached and connected with the industry.
The selection to the SwissGames Showcase is made through the present call: interested studios are invited to apply with a video pitch which will be evaluated by an international jury. Each member of the jury will handpick 1 to 3 studios, coach them during individual online meetings and make targeted introductions with potential business partners.
Up to 15 studios will join the SwissGames Showcase and benefit from the following services:
- Online lectures providing the studios with basic business knowledge. (January – March)
- Online coaching phase with a dedicated mentor focusing on the studios’ individual challenges. (January – October)
- Financial support to improve playable demo with the help of the mentors’ feedback (5000CHF)
- Participation to various industry events during 2023 (Reboot, Stunfest, Gamescom, Game Connection Europe & VR Days Europe).
- Curated matchmaking and targeted introductions by the mentors. (April-December)
- Promotional coverage of the SwissGames Showcase.
- The SwissGames showcase is aimed at interactive content designed for computers, mobile phones, tablets, game consoles, virtual reality headsets or similar devices, and any other type of digital content requiring a high degree of interaction from the user.
- The projects possess formal and design quality, a high degree of innovation and potential marketability.
- Project execution must meet professional standards.
- The principal project owner must be of Swiss nationality or resident in Switzerland.
- The applicant owns copyright and rights of use of the project.
- Applicants may submit projects up to seven years after their graduation or within the first seven years of establishing a company (latest year of establishment: 2016).
- You need to have a playable prototype
How to apply:
- Fill in this online form
- One of the answers of the form will allow you to insert the link to your video pitch. Your pitch should be a maximum of 3′, in English and include:
- What are you looking for (including funding amount needed, services and support functions desired)
- Description of the project (including gameplay overview and USPs) and information about your team
- Current status of the project (stage of production, anticipated release timing)
- Business strategy (including info on target audience, how you plan to reach them, market research/competition, etc)
Deadline for applications: 4 December 2022
How to pitch?
Do you want to maximise your chance?
Check this 1-hour «Pitch Perfect Pitching» lecture by Jason Della Rocca.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!